I have been cooking this week for a friend who has been in hospital. I couldn’t resist making this special pumpkin dish to share….a healthy and quick meal but one linked to so many good memories. I still remember when I wrote this recipe over 25 years ago while sitting at a dear friends kitchen bench .. this is definitely an old favourite at our house and best yet I still have got that original piece of paper.
1 tbs Oil
1 diced onion…
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbs turmeric
1/4 tsp coriander
3 cups pumpkin chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat oil and add onion till soften
2. Add mustard and cumin seeds stir for 1 min
3. Add pumpkin and stir through
4. Stir in turmeric and coriander and salt
5. Add a few tablespoons of water and simmer with lid on till pumpkin soft but still holds shape.
6. Add shredded coconut at the end and stir through