Love left over dinners…having the last bit of a sprouted lentil Dahl for dinner. This is made the same way as regular Dahl but less time and more nutritional. You can cheat and use curry paste if you don’t have time to make your own paste.
1/2 cup sprouted adzuki beans
1 cup sprouted lentils…
1 cup sprouted mung beans
2 tbs oil
2 finely chopped onions
1 tbs cumin powder
1 tbs mustard seed
3 tbs coriander seeds freshly ground
1 tbs turmeric
Pinch of all spice
3 cloves crushed
1/2 tsp paprika
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tbs tomato paste
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 large grated carrots
1. Heat oil and add finely chopped onions, sautéed till brown.
2. Add cumin powder and mustard seed and fry for 1-2 mins.
3. Mix in a bowl coriander, turmeric, chilli, all spice, cloves cinnamon, paprika, garlic and ginger with enough water to make a smooth runny paste.
4. Add spice mix to pot, stir through, add a can of crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and another cup of water.
5. Add sprouted adruki beans and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add the sprouted lentils and Mung beans cook for another 5 mins on low.
7. Add grated carrots, cook for 10 mins with lid on.