Pizza is everyone’s favourite weekend dinner option, but with all the healthy base options they can easily be an everyday meal plan.
Thanks Nicky for sharing this recipe:
“This recipe worked really well and you were able to slice and pick up the pizza without it falling apart. I think the secret is to process the cauliflower quite well and then press the mixture into your dish really firmly. I just used the base part do this recipe and after cooking the base until golden I spread it with onion jam and cheddar cheese. Grilled till brown. YUM”
- 1 cauliflower trimmed and chopped
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup of pizza sauce of your choice
- Toppings of your choice e.g chopped olives, chorizo, pumpkin
- Chop cauliflower and steam/ microwave for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Squeeze excess liquid from cauliflower using a strainer.
- Crumb the cauliflower in an electric blender till a fine coarse texture.
- Add egg and half Parmesan cheese and mix well
- Press mixture into baking tray lined with greased paper
- Cook 20 mins till brown
- Add pizza sauce and toppings including Parmesan cheese cook for 10- 15 mins till cooked
Alternative cauliflower recipe that heaps of you have tried and like from detoxinista website.
Diana shared this tip with this recipe: “Cauliflower pizza base, my daughter makes this by cooking the cauliflower then processing it add egg, cheese if you want, knead it together and spread in pizza pan fill with what ever you want. Another thing I do is process cauliflower then put in frying pan with 2 tbs of soy sauce and cook. It lovely as a side dish love recipes that are coming through”
Teresa also shared her tips and photo: “fired the cauliflower with garlic and used flax seed instead of chia”