These are perfect when you are craving a sugar fix. Super easy recipe using raw ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 3 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed, chia and sesame seed blend
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachio nuts
- Blend all the ingredients except the pistachio nuts in a blender till they form a moist ball like texture.
- Roll into bite sized balls
- Roll in pistachio nuts and refrigerate till ready to eat.
Bliss balls are a favourite at our household. I love the how versatile they are and that they are not an exact science to make. The seeds of the figs and the chia seed add a nice texture to these balls.
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/4 cup Goji berries
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut for rolling
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut in an electric mixer and blend till the mixture forms a sticky ball
- Roll into bite size pieces
- Roll in shredded coconut or your favourite topping
Looking for some ‘not so naughty’ treats for lunch box or afternoon tea? Try these as they so yum. This recipe uses walnuts instead of the usual almonds. Recipe can be found on detoxinista site: http://detoxinista.com/2014/06/raw-brownie-bites-vegan-paleo/
I know fruit and nut balls have been shared before. But getting ready for school my girls made up a few batches so I thought I would share. Food critic daughter 2 loves the apricot balls. While my others love these Cacao balls.
Apricot and nut balls.
Add 1 cup of cashews, 1 tbs coconut oil, 1cup of dried coconut, 1 cup of apricots and blend in a mixer. Roll into balls and coat with coconut. – makes 12-15 balls
Cacao and nut balls.
Blend 1 1/2 cups of mixed nuts quite finely (course breadcrumb consistency). I used cashews, almonds and walnuts. Blend in 1/2 cups of dates, 2 tbs coconut oil, 1 heaped tbs cacao, 1/2 cup seeds (I used sunflower seeds and chia). When mixed to a fine texture roll in coconut to coat
Made this weeks treats of bliss balls. Thanks Lindy for the lime and coconut recipe. Also made up some chia coconut seed balls (nut free).
http://hotpinkchilli.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/chia-coconut-bites/ real yum, but the quantities in the recipe only make about 6 balls. Also the old favourite apricot and nut balls
What I love about bliss balls is you can make ahead and store for a week in the fridge. Lindy shared her version of bliss balls.
- 60g coconut oil
- 300g raw almond meal
- 240g shredded coconut
- 150ml Agave
- 100ml lime juice
- 4tsp lime zest
- 80g baby spinach
- Quarter tsp salt
- Place the coconut oil in a small pot and gently melt.
- Place the almond meal into food processor and pour in melted coconut.
- Blend until it starts to form a nut butter. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add half the shredded coconut and all the agave to the mixing bowl with almond butter.
- In the food processor, place the remaining coconut, lime zest, lime juice, spinach and salt. Process until it forms a vibrant green mix, then add to mixing bowl and mix well
- Roll into lil bliss balls and roll in coconut or whatever you like.
Make with love and enjoy.