If you never have tried cauliflower rice you have put it on the to do list! So simple and tasty and for those who have a low carb diet it is perfect.
When ever I make cauliflower rice I do up a big batch and keep in the fridge and use it up over the next few days. This week there was a cauliflower sale at our local veggie shop so I bought 2 – I guess it means I will be exploring a few different ways of cooking it up so we don’t get bored.
This recipe is hearty enough to be a main meal or you can dish it up as a side dish. If you prefer more ‘rice’ adjust the quantity of cauliflower to suit.
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp oil for frying
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice ( pulse cauliflower in a whizz till it resembles rice grains)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese ( optional)
- Fry the garlic and onion in oil till soft.
- Add zucchini and the mushrooms, fry till cooked but still firm.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and the cauliflower rice, continue to stir to blend the flavours.
- Just before serving add the parsley and stir through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese