Made a real hit for dinner tonight, which was inspired by a recipe in a magazine… even hubby said he could eat this as a main any time. This looks so time consuming, but it was actually made from all the left overs in my fridge from this weeks meals and a few things from the pantry .
2 cups of cooked Tri colour quinoa
3 tbs of tomato pesto
1/4 cup finely diced olives
2 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 cup ricotta and spinach mixture
1 Baked eggplant thinly sliced
1 baked capsicum
1/3 cup crumbed feta
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Mix quinoa, olives, pesto, garlic and ricotta mixture.
2. Place half of the mixture in oven proof pot. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella
3. Layer the baked vegetables. Add more cheese and quinoa mixture.
4. Repeat till all ingredients are finished. End with layer of feta and mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20-30 mins.
This is such a versatile salad as you can use your left over roast vegetables. Quinoa can last for days in the fridge so make up a huge batch and have a different quinoa salad each night.
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 small eggplant
1/2 cup cheery tomatoes cut in half
1 cup baby spinach leaves
2 red onions cut into quarters
1 tbs oil
1-2 garlic cloves
2 tsps oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar or lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut beetroot, pumpkin and eggplant into small cubes. Add the red onions and coat all of these with oil and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Add cheery tomatoes to roasting tray and cook for 5 more minutes or until all cooked.
3. When vegetables cooled mix in quinoa and spinach.
4. Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl and pour over salad just before eating.