I realise that it isn’t the most appealing looking meal but this could very well become a family favourite like lasagne. The best thing about it is that it is super simple, cheap and you can use up all the bits and pieces in the veggie draw.
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- oil for frying
- Biryani spice mix – or you can make your own
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook a cup of lentils in a salty brine until tender, set aside.
- In a large fry pan on med heat add oil and Biryani spice mix.
- When fragrant ( 1 min) add your lamb mince ( approx 500g), 2 cups of mixed veggies and half a cup of chopped tomatoes.
- When the veggies and mince are nearly cooked add about 1 cup of coconut milk and gently cook until lamb and veggies are cooked.
- Add your cooked, drained and rinsed lentils. Stir gently until everything is combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Would be great with some chilli.