Lindy shared a healthy snack, dessert/ breakfast option – CADA (coconut, almonds, dates, apple). It is easy to replace the apple with pear and add your own unique combinations of berries/seeds or nuts. The photo below has goji berries and chia seeds added to the mix. Perfect to try with some coconut yoghurt and fruit for breakfast.
- Handful shredded coconut
- Handful raw almonds
- 2 fresh dates (seed removed)
- 1 hard pear or apple cut up (core removed).
super easy to make – Blend and there you have your own CADA. Perfect to eat with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
I think this will be great to experiment with adding seeds, dried fruit, nuts etc.
These are perfect when you are craving a sugar fix. Super easy recipe using raw ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 3 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed, chia and sesame seed blend
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachio nuts
- Blend all the ingredients except the pistachio nuts in a blender till they form a moist ball like texture.
- Roll into bite sized balls
- Roll in pistachio nuts and refrigerate till ready to eat.
This tart is so easy to make. The quantities makes 6 mini tarts or one large one.
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup dried dates
- Mix all the ingredients in an electric whizz till it forms a sticky ball. Add more dates if not sticky enough
- press into the base of spring formed tart tins ( I used indiv tins but you could make make one big tart)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a couple of hours minimum, strained
- 1/4 cup dried dates
- 1 can can coconut milk (Approx 270ml)
- ½ cup blue berries (I used a frozen )
- ½ cup softened coconut oil
- 7 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Mix dates and cashews in an electric mixer for 2 mins
2. Add all the other ingredients and blend till thoroughly mixed
3. Pour filling into cake tins and Place in fridge till set