This is a quick curry basmati/ Freekah dish that can be cooked in a rice cooker, too easy!!
Place all the following ingredients into the rice cooker:
1/2 cup cracker freekah
1/2 cup brown basmati
2 carrots cubed…
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 chopped capsicum
2 teaspoons of curry
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of coconut milk
Approx 2 1/4 cups of water
When most of the water has been absorbed add 1/2 cup of peas and cook until all liquid is gone.
This is a great Sunday night dish or perhaps perfect for the student going off to uni??
This tart is so easy to make. The quantities makes 6 mini tarts or one large one.
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup dried dates
- Mix all the ingredients in an electric whizz till it forms a sticky ball. Add more dates if not sticky enough
- press into the base of spring formed tart tins ( I used indiv tins but you could make make one big tart)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a couple of hours minimum, strained
- 1/4 cup dried dates
- 1 can can coconut milk (Approx 270ml)
- ½ cup blue berries (I used a frozen )
- ½ cup softened coconut oil
- 7 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Mix dates and cashews in an electric mixer for 2 mins
2. Add all the other ingredients and blend till thoroughly mixed
3. Pour filling into cake tins and Place in fridge till set