This is a super easy coleslaw to take to work and still stays crunchy.
- 1 cup thinly sliced/ grated red cabbage
- 1 carrot grated or sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1 tbs coriander
- garlic aioli (bought or home made)
- 2 tbs tamari trail mix (sunflower seeds, pepitas, peanuts and sultanas which had been coated in some tamari) or make up your own combination
- Mixed it all up in a bowl till well combined. Drizzled over a small amount of garlic aioli and then sprinkled of a generous handful of tamari trail mix (or your own nut blend). Mmm
Whole grain Freekah and brown rice veggie frittata.
1&1/2 cups of cooked Freekah and brown rice 50/50 mix, I found that they both had the same cooking time so put them in the rice cooker with a little salt. Set aside and let cool.
Next scramble 6 eggs in a bowl and add:
A good handful of chopped herbs eg parsely and chives
1/2 red capsicum finely chopped
1 grated carrot
2 spring onions finely chopped
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1 & 1/2 cups of cooked rice/ Freekah mixture
It may seem as though there isn’t enough egg for the amount of rice but it was definitely sufficient.
Pour the mixture into a line quiche dish, pat it the mixture down with the back of a spoon until it is flat. Pop it in a preheated oven for approx 30mins on 170, or until firm in the centre.
This frittata is a real meal on its own but you could serve with a side green salad or a piece of meat.
This pie was so yum, the flavours of both the base and topping was simply amazing.
- 1 1/2 cup of almonds coarsely grounded to a flour
- 2tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in an electric whizz, make sure it is a moist texture.
- Add more coconut oil if need be.
- Roll mixture into ball and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Press into base of tin and bake 20 mins in a moderate oven.
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 beetroot grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of feta or alternative cheese
- 2 tbs grated tasty cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry red onion in a frying pan till softened.
- Add beetroot and carrot and stir while frying for 3-5 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar, turn off heat.
- Add the feta and the tasty cheese if adding.
- Add topping to cooked base and bake for another 30 mins.
Nicky ‘s version without the tasty cheese…but still amazing.