Pasta free lasagna ready to pop in oven
Vegetables slightly oiled ready to bake.
Vegetable lasagna using pasta sheets
Loving going to the markets At this time of year and buying freshly picked produce as there is so much to choose from. I Already had in mind a roast vegetable lasagna when I went, so came home with lots of colourful vegetables. I made 2 batches one using lasagna sheets and one without (individual tins were the pasta free ones). Basically you can select what ever vegetables you like.
You can be as creative as you like with the vegetable layers.
- Sliced mixed roasted vegetables e.g. Beetroot, sweet potato, onion, eggplant, capsicum
- 1 cup of pumpkin mash
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce (I used remade one)
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Lasagne sheets (optional if you want to go gluten free or use gluten free sheets)
Add eggplant as first layer if you are not using lasagna sheets
1. Combine the pumpkin mash and ricotta
2. If using lasagna sheets start off with them or use eggplant as the main dividing layer
2. Add 2 to 3 layers of different vegetables then top with ricotta/pumpkin and tomato sauce. Add the lasagne or eggplant layer.
3. Add the next layers of 2-3 vegetables and top with pesto and ricotta/pumpkin. Repeat steps alternating between pesto and tomato sauce until you have filled the baking dish.
If you like a cheese option you can also add grated cheese to each layer.