Quiona is so versatile and a great substitute for rice and grains. Best part of quiona is it lasts in the fridge and can be used in so many dishes during the week. Make sure you make enough to add to all your favourite dishes.
- enough capsicums
- diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Bunch Asian greens or kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted diced sweet potatoe
- 1 diced tomatoe
- vegie stock
- 2 cups of cooked quiona (cooked with herbs)
- Rinse Quiona and boil on stove with a teaspoon of vegie stock or our own herb mixture, then reduce heat and leave for 30 minutes till water evaporated and quiona cooked
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30 minutes
- Sautéed onion, garlic till softened then add tomatoe and Asian greens. Once cook add roasted sweet potatoes.
- Mix vegies with herb flavoured quiona
- Cut tops of capsicum, remove seeds and then stuff with quiona mixture
- Place in deep baking dish and add a little water on base and bake for 30 minutes or until the capsicum is cooked.