This might sound like a funny combination, but it actually tastes great and surprisingly not heavy. It is also great way to use up that little bit of pumpkin in the fridge.
- 1cup dried quiona soaked between 1 and 3 hours
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée and mashed 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tips maple syrup to taste
- Drain soaked quoina and add to saucepan. Pour coconut milk
- Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 15 mins. Add more coconut milk if need be. (Aim is to get all liquid absorbed).
- Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with your favourite toppings of nuts and seeds
- Can be eaten warm or cold.