Contributed by: Josie Swardo
Fermented Foods….SO much focus on it at the moment so I’m going to endeavour to incorporate daily. Cheapest and best pro-biotic you’ll find.
Sauerkraut is great…but I’m not the biggest cabbage fan…so I’m trying fermented beetroot…just a small batch for a trial.
– 2 large Beets, grated
– 1 tablespoon Himalayan Salt
– Optional step…stir gently for about 8 minutes in food processor, thermomix…whatever device. This begins extraction of natural juices but not essential.
– Put beet into sterilised jar (I poured boiling water into jar for sterilising)
– The beetroot or vegetable must have 1cm water over top.
– Store in dark cupboard for 3-4 days (apparently!)
From what I’ve read this is the process with any vege or combo you want to ferment …have a Google, I’m no expert, just sharing the idea and hoping I inspire someone!