1 cup almonds
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 flax seeds
1/3 cup coconut flour
3 tbs coconut oil
1. In an electric whizz blend almonds, flax seeds and chia seeds to a fine flour texture.
2. Add egg, coconut flour and coconut oil and blend to mixed through
3. Form a dough ball and refrigerate for 20 mins
4. Press dough into pie dish and bake in a heated oven for 20 mins
1 cup brown lentils
3 tbs madras curry paste
1 diced onion
1 can tomatoes
2 diced potatoes
1. Soak brown lentils for at least an hour. Boil in a pot with water till soft (40mins).
2. In another pot fry up onion, garlic then add 3 heaps spoons of curry paste (home made or cheat version out of a jar e.g madras).
3. Add a can of tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins.
4. Add the potatoes.
5. Add the drained lentils, you might need to add more water as you need to cook for another 20 mins to blend flavours.
6. Mush up some of the lentils ( I used a hand blender) to make a creamy texture.
7. Add salt and pepper and just before serving add a large dollop of cream which you stir through.
8. Let cool for 20 mins then add the lentil mixture to the cooked dough
1 cup of cubed pumpkin
2 carrots diced
1 tbs butter
Handful grated cheese
1. Boil the carrots and pumpkin till soft.
2. Drain excess water, add salt and butter and mash till smooth
3. Add the mash on top of the lentil pies
4. Sprinkle with grated cheese
5. Bake for 30 minutes