This looks amazing – a recipe shared by Vivki on our face book site.
Spiced pan-fried Mahi Mahi with spiced kale, spring onion and onion. (serves 2)
For the fish……………………………..
1 large fillet of Mahi Mahi
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt…
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp spice blend of your choice (optional and I used a Moroccan spice)
For the kale…………………..
3 leaves of kale, main stem removed and chopped
1 small onion, sliced
2 spring onions, sliced on the side
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Moroccan spice
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
1. Cut Mahi Mahi fillet in half.
2. Heat a little coconut oil in a frypan and have on medium to high heat
3. Mix the salt, pepper and spice blend in a small bowl and coat the fish fillets. Gently drop the fillets into the pan and fry for approx 4 mins on each side until done. Take off the heat and rest for at least 2 minutes.
4. While you are waiting for the fish to cook, heat another small frypan with some coconut oil and cook the onion, garlic and spring onion until cooked (about 3 mins)
5. Add the spice blend, season with salt and pepper and add the kale in and stir fry for a further few minutes until your liking.
6. Serve on a warm plate, add the Mahi Mahi on top. Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Sweet potato on the side.