This pie was so yum, the flavours of both the base and topping was simply amazing.
- 1 1/2 cup of almonds coarsely grounded to a flour
- 2tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in an electric whizz, make sure it is a moist texture.
- Add more coconut oil if need be.
- Roll mixture into ball and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Press into base of tin and bake 20 mins in a moderate oven.
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 beetroot grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of feta or alternative cheese
- 2 tbs grated tasty cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry red onion in a frying pan till softened.
- Add beetroot and carrot and stir while frying for 3-5 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar, turn off heat.
- Add the feta and the tasty cheese if adding.
- Add topping to cooked base and bake for another 30 mins.
Nicky ‘s version without the tasty cheese…but still amazing.